I myself am a curvy woman. Plus size starts at size 14 and people (including myself at one time) are almost afraid to admit that they are bigger than a size 8. The truth is size ( referring to the dreaded number on the tag inside your clothing ) is literally just that! It's a number that companies assigned measurements to and attached it on a tiny piece of fabric inside of your clothing. That "number" can vary from store to store as well ! I can wear a range of 3 different sizes depending on the store ! With that being said I feel like "plus size" or not you shouldn't feel branded by a stupid number ! Fashion is fashion and the only thing that matters is how you feel in your clothing whether it's a size 2 or 22. If you are in search of plus size styles to fit your curves I've found that old navy and target have a great selection . Their women's sizes go up to an 18 and XXL in tops. They have a whole plus size line as well. Many options!
When I thought of "statement" necklaces I always thought of bold, large necklaces. But I've learned you can make just as much of a "statememt" with a simple, delicate necklace as well. A tiny initial on a thin chain or small charm that symbolizes something to you. They are perfect to wear everyday, during warm summer months or to work. Simple and classy yet makes such a difference in an outfit or look. All necklaces below can be found on etsy.com.
I recently purchased a tube of Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara. I'm sort of a mascara-holic. I tend to buy way too many in search for "the best" mascara. Seeing that I used to love a Mary Kay mascara that I used a few years ago I decided to give one of their newer mascaras a try. The packaging is nothing fancy but that's the least important thing to me when buying a mascara. The wand has a rubber brush applicator and seems very flexible . The mascara is a medium consistency and not overly wet ( which I hate) and goes on nicely . OveralI I am very pleased with the product. It is definitely amazing at lengthening the lashes and is average on making them fuller. If it made them as full as it did long I would definitely label this the best mascara. Although not "the best" it is certainly a close second and gets 2 thumbs up from me. Below is a picture with the left side wearing 2 coats of the mascara and right side wearing no mascara.
Summer brings all new accessories, beauty products and must haves. Here is a list of Summer must haves for those cookouts, pool days and vacations.
Finished day 2 of of the Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenge! My cousin Monica shared this program with me and I'm so glad she did! Ladies you have to check this out! It's FREE, easy to follow, you can do it right in your living room and all the workouts are on YouTube. I'm excited to see how this works out for me. You can pay a monthly fee to access her diet plan but the workouts are COMPLETELY FREE! My struggle is diet and like the instructor says you cannot out train a bad diet! Hopefully with a healthy diet and this program I can drop some weight and feel better about my Mommy body. Good luck ladies if you give this try. I'll check in on my progress in a week or so.
BikiniBodyMommy YouTube link : http://youtu.be/FVw9hMG-mCE
When it's hot outside getting your hair up and out of face is a must ! Braids can be an easy go to style for the warm summer months. Here are a few braided hair style ideas to keep looking stylish and cool at the same time. Stay tuned for a tutorial coming soon !
Summer means flip flops and sandals. I'm not a big fan of super fancy sandals on an ever day basis. However you may need to wear something a little nicer than flip flops on occasion. That's where these awesome Havaiana's come in. The are dressier like a sandal but with the material and comfort of a flip flop. They come in several different styles and lots of colors. They are perfect for capris and tanks or a nice sundress. Go check them out !
Dropped, cracked makeup is a real bummer! Don't throw them away ! Here are steps using a broken bronzer and eyeshadow to make a highlighting bronzer ( you can use it as eyeshadow also!) The finished product is similar to that of high end ambient blushes. All you will need is a broken bronzer or blush powder, broken light shimmer eyeshadow (s), alcohol, bowl and qtips . These steps can also be used to fix broke makeup as well. Just follow the the same steps without adding any extra color to it.
pour crushed mixed powder back into makeup container
Summer is all about fun, fresh, bright polish colors. I have put together my favorite polish brands and their New Summer 2014 collections. Be sure to try them.out on your hands or toes this summer !
1. Using a nude color eyeliner in waterline. This makes eyes appear bigger and brighter ! I love how it makes my eyes look! I use Rimmel London Scandleyes eyeliner in Nude. http://us.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/scandaleyes-waterproof-kohl-kajal
2. Cream Blush ! I love using a cream blush . I apply it with a stipple brush and it gives such a dewy look. I like a glowy look to my face and cream blush seems to do just that. I use Maybeline Face Studio Master Glaze http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Blush/Face-Studio-Master-Glaze.aspx
3. Use eyeshadow for eyeliner. I have achieved so many looks using eyeshadow for eyeliner on the top lid and underneath the lower lid. The colors are endless too! Using shadow for liner ( with an eyeliner brush) allows you to get so close to the lash line and gives you the ability to build eyeliner as dark or light as you like it . As well as create a nice soft line.
4. Add a dab of light shimmer eyeshadow to the center of your lips after lip color or gloss. This highlights the center of your lips making them look plumper. As well as give a glow to lip color.
5. Contour neck and collar bones to look slimmer. Along with contouring and highlighting the face, taking it down your neck and onto the color bone can make an even bigger slimming effect. You can even add a little contour in your cleavage to more define the cleavage area making your breasts appear a little larger !